|1. Multiple choice: What did King Hezekiah do with the threatening letter from the Assyrian forces? (a) He spread it out so God could read it; (b) he burnt it before God in the temple; or (c) he sent it to Egypt with an appeal for help.|
2. What did Isaiah record as happening to the Assyrian army which came to attack Jerusalem? (a) It drowned in the Red Sea; (b) the angel of the Lord struck it by night; or (c) fire fell on it from heaven.
3. What happened to the Assyrian king whose army was killed by the Lord when it tried to lay siege to Jerusalem? (a) His sons killed him; (b) he died a broken old man; or (c) he believed in the Lord and died peacefully.
1. (a) He spread it out so God could read it ( Is. 37:14 ).
2. (b) The angel of the Lord struck it by night (Is. 37: 36). Isaiah's record parallels the record of this event in 2 Kings 19.
3. (a) His sons killed him (Is. 37:37,38 ).