1. Fill in the blanks: Solomon wrote in favor of wisdom, "If the ax is ------ , And one does not ------
the edge, Then he must use more strength."
2. Multiple choice: What part of her beloveds personality did the Shulamite compare to "ointment poured forth"? (a) His smile; (b) his eyes; or (c) his name.
3. Which part of these best parallels in meaning the repeated teaching of the Song of Solomon, "Do not stir up nor awaken love UNTIL it pleases"? (a) Let sleeping dogs lie; (b) don't arouse passions too early in a romance ; or (c) still waters run deep.
1. "Dull---sharpen" (Eccl.10:10 ). Wisdom enables a man to live with less conflict and with a quiet spirit.
2. (c) His name (Song 1:3 ). She equated her lover's character with his name. His name, when uttered, flooded her with thoughts of him.
3. (b) Don't arouse passions too early in a romance (Song 2:7; 8:4 ).