1. Multiple choice: Why did Job's three friends sit silently with him for seven days and seven nights?
(a) No one could think of anything to say; (b) they wanted Job to speak first; or (c) they saw that his grief was great.
2. True or false? : Job's three friends tore their robes, sprinkled dust on their heads,and wept in sympathy with Job.
3. Multiple choice : In the book of Job, there was a younger companion with Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar who spoke up when the older men were not helping Job. What was his name?
(a) Elihu; (b) Tobiah; or (c) Teman.
1. (c) They saw that his grief was great (Job 2:13 ).
2. True (Job 2:12 ). The culture of the Near East provided effective ways for expressing and sharing grief.
3. (a) Elihu (Job 32:2 )