1. True or false: Job lived eighty years, which indicates that he came after life expectancy shortened to modern lengths.
2. Job's debate with his three friends consists of three cycles of speeches by each. Each cycle gets shorter as Job refuses to yield.
3. Multiple choice: What two biblical writers refer to Job , showing the Bible regards Job as historical ?
(a) Moses and Paul; (b) Jeremiah and Matthew; or (c) Ezekiel and James.
1. False. Job lives 140 years after his trials (Job 42:16 ). His time was near Abraham's.
2. True. Eliphaz spoke longest, Bildad spoke shortest, and Zophar did not speak the third time
(Job 4---25 ).
3. (c) Ezekiel and James (Ezek. 14:14, 20; James 5:11 ). Ezeekiel used Job as an example of righteousness, and James used him as an example of perseverance.