1. True or false? Proverbs suggests that a generation which despises its parents will end up practicing oppression.
2. Multiple choice: According to Proverbs, what happens "where there is no revelation"? (a) People perish; (b) people do what is right in their own eyes; or (c) people cast off restraint.
3. What does the proverb mean, "The wicked flee when no one pursues"? (a) The wicked are always ready; (b) the wicked like to run around; or (c) the wicked must distrust everyone.
1. True (Prov. 30:11-14 ).
2. (c) People cast off restraint (Prov. 29:18 ). In this context, revelation does not appear to mean new revelation but respect for already existing Scripture ("the law" ).
3. (c) The wicked must distrust everyone (Prov. 28:1 ).