- 1. True or false? Although the book of Proverbs is a collection of hundreds of separate sayings by several authors, it has a clearly defined purpose.
2. Multiple choice: Who assembled the proverbs of Solomon found in chapters 25 to 29 of the book of proverbs? (a) The Shulamite woman; (b) Hezekiah's men; or (c) King Lemuel.
3. What is true of each of the twenty-two verses of Proverbs 31:10--31? (a) Each begins with the same word; (b) the first letter of each verse forms an acrostic of the author's name; or (c) the first letter of each verse consecutively follows the Hebrew alphabet.
1. True (Prov. 1:2-6 ). Proverbs is intended to instill wisdom and give understanding of proverbs and other forms of teaching.
2. (b) Hezekiah's men (Prov. 25:1). Hezekiah was a great and good king of Judah who "Held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments" (2 Kin. 18:6 ).
3. (c) The first letter of each verse consecutively follows the Hebrew alphabet.