Friday, January 20, 2012
Wisdom and Instruction
2. Multiple choice: What did Solomon in Proverbs say starts out honey but ends up wormwood?
(a) Pride; (b) the lips of an immoral woman; or (c) power and wealth.
3. About what was Solomon instructing with the proverb, "Drink water from your own cistern?
(a) Public health; (b) marital fidelity; or (c) borrowing and lending.
1. False. Solomon was concerned with integrity (Prov. 4 : 23-27 ).
2. (b) The lips of an immoral woman (Prov. 5:3,4 ).
3. (b) Marital fidelity (Prov. 5:15-20 ). The context emphasizes the superiority of fidelity over promiscuity.