1. Fill in the blanks: Daniel foretells of the Jews who will participate with Antiochus in the desecration of the temple:
"Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with --------- ; but the people who know their -------- shall be strong, and carry out great exploits."
2. After the "time of trouble" mentioned in Daniel 12, those who were wise by being obedient to God "shall shine Like the brightness of the --------- , And those who turn many to righteousness Like the --------- forever and ever."
3. Multiple choice: What did Hosea's marriage to Gomar proclaim about the nations of Israel? (a) Israelites were to marry; (b) Israel was no longer God's people; or (c) Israel was guilty of spiritual harlotry.
1. "Flattery---God" (Dan. 11: 32 ). Many Jews died opposing Antiochus, but Judas Maccabaeus began his revolts then which led to a period of Jewish independence in the second century B.C.
2. "Firmament---stars" (Dan.12:3)
3. (c) Israel was guilty of spiritual harlotry (Hos.1:2 ).