2. What two elements were involved in the method of choosing a replacement for Judas as one of the twelve apostles? (a) Prayer and secret ballot; (b) prayer and casting lots; or (c) prayer and a sense of peace about the right choice.
3. When a successor was chosen for Judas, one of the criteria was that he had accompanied Jesus during a certain time in His ministry. What were the two events chosen to mark this time period?
(a) The temptation of Jesus and His crucifixion; (b) the baptism of Jesus by John and the Ascension; or (c) the baptism of Jesus by John and the Resurrection.
1. (c) They selected a man to take Judas's place among the twelve apostles. (Acts 1:15--26).
2. (b) Prayer and casting lots (Acts 1: 24--26).
3. (b) The baptism of Jesus by John and the Ascension (Acts 1:21,22).