Before I start my Bible study I name my sins to God the Father to be in fellowship and filled with the Holy Spirit our Teacher in Jesus Christ Name.
1 John 1:9
1. Multiple choice: For how long did Jesus demonstrate that He was truly alive after His resurrection and before His ascension? (a) Thirty days; (b) forty days; or (c) one year.
2.True or false? After Jesus ascended into heaven, most of the disciples returned home to Galilee.
3. Question: What was the main activity of those who gathered together to wait for the promised gift of the Holy Spirit?
1. (b) Forty days (Acts 1:3). Forty days is a significant number in the Bible, marking , among other things, the days of rain during the time of Nosh, the years of wandering in the wilderness, and the days of Christ's stay in the wilderness prior to His temptation.
2. False. They went to Jerusalem as Jesus had commanded them to do (Acts 1:12).
3. Prayer (Acts 1:14). Prayer was the crucial activity for the leaders of the early church. According to Acts 6: 1-4, the apostles refused to personally care for a practical need in the church so that they could give themselves continually to prayer and the ministry of the Word.