Wisdom and Instruction
1. Multiple choice: As a result of the Lord being his shepherd, what two things is the psalmist assured will follow him all the days of his life ?
(a)Truth and beauty; (b) hope and love; or (c) goodness and mercy.
2. Question: According to Psalm 23, if the Lord is your shepherd, how long can you expect to dwell in the house of the Lord?
3. Multiple choice: According to Psalm 24, one who may ascend into the hill of the Lord or stand in His holy place must possess what two qualities ?
(a) A good conscience and pure lips; (b) clear eyes and swift feet; or (c) clean hands and a pure heart.
1. (c) Goodness and mercy (Ps. 23:6 ). Goodness and mercy are linked here to show that God always gives that which is good for His people and that it is not because we deserve it. In fact, it is not what we deserve at all.
2. Forever (Psalm 23 :6 ) . In both the old and new Testaments, the writers saw that their relationship to God would continue beyond this life. That relationship is eternal.
3. (c) Clean hands and a pure heart (Ps. 24: 4 )
Regular confession of sin is absolutely necessary to be able to come into the presence of God in prayer. We are not sinless, and we must not attempt to hide our sin.