(a) Corinth; (b) Ephesus; or (c) Athens.
2. Question: In what city did Paul find an altar with the inscription "TO THE UNKNOWN GOD"?
3. Multiple choice: Where did Paul encounter some Epicurean and Stoic philosophers? (a) Ephesus; (b) Corinth; or (c) Athens.
1. (Athens (Acts 17:16). Of the three great university cities (Tarsus and Alexandria were the other two). Athens was the most famous.
2. Athens (Acts 17:22,23). Athens was famous for its temples, statues, and monuments. There was a pantheon unparalleled in the ancient world. The "unknown god" was honored in case some god had been left out.
3. (c) Athens (Acts 17:16-18).