2. Which one of these Old Testament events for told Jesus' crucifixion on the cross? (a) Moses' ascending the mountain to receive The Commandments; (b) Moses' lifting up the serpent in the wilderness; or (c) the parting of the Red Sea.
3. Jesus told the man He had healed at the Bethesda pool to sin no more; (a) To show that he believed in Jesus; (b) so that others would believe in Jesus; or (c) lest a worse thing come upon him.
1. (c) When Jesus had risen from the dead (John 2:22).
2. (b) Moses' lifting up the serpent in the wilderness (John 3:14). In the wilderness, when the Israelites were dying from poisonous snake bites, God provided deliverance by means of a brass serpent lifted high on a pole where all who looked on it were safe (Num. 21:6-9). In Christ, God provides deliverance from sin for all who look in faith upon His sacrifice on the cross.
3. (c) Lest a worse thing come upon him (John 5:14).