2. True or false? The woman whose daughter had an unclean spirit identified as a Canaanite. a Greek, and a Syro- Phoenician.
3. Multiple choice: To whom did Jesus say that He would give the keys of the kingdom of heaven?
(a) Philip; (b) John; or (c) Peter.
1. (a) Command him to walk on the water (Matt. 14:28).
2. True (Matt. 15:22; Mark7:26). Matthew and Mark want to make it very clear that this woman of great faith was a Gentile who would have been despised by proud Jews.
3. (c) Peter (Matt. 16:18,19). This promise of Jesus was based on Peter's confession of faith in Him as the Christ, the Son of the living God (v. 16).