Thursday, October 4, 2012

Familiar Phrases

1. Multiple choice: In Jeremiah's prayer concerning the drought, what did he tell God was "the joy and rejoicing of my heart"? (a) His judgment; (b) His word; or (c) His vengeance.

2. Fill in the blanks: The Lord told Jeremiah, "I... search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ------- , And according to the   -------  of his doings."

3. God told Jeremiah He planned to remold marred Israel when He  said. "As the  ------- is in the  -----hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!"

 
 
 
1. (b) His word (Jer. 15:16).
 
 
2." Ways....fruit" (Jer. 17:10).
 
 
3. "Clay.....potter's " (Jer. 18:6). The potter did not throw away the clay of a misshapen vessel. He
crushed the bad pot and remolded the clay into a good one (v. 4).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Reminds me of a song that I love to sing. Make Me A Vessel, Sanctified and Holy. One of the verses says, "Going through the fire, it is never nice and fun, but it will bring true purity when the victory is won;For when you go through fire it burns away the things, that were not pure and holy, unknown peace the Spirit brings. Make me a vessel,sanctified and holy. Purge and refine me I pray.