Until -------- the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks......"
2. Multiple choice: What did Daniel say would be set up when the sanctuary was defiled and the sacrifices were taken away? (a) abomination of desolation; (b) an altar to Dagon; or (c) the tables for sellers and moneychangers.
3. Sentence completion: After Daniel received the prophecy of the resurrections, he was instructed to "shut up the words, and seal the book until the ......"
1. "Jerusalem... Messiah" (Dan. 9: 25).
2. (a) The abomination of desolation (Dan. 11:31). Antiochus Epiphanes set up a statue of Zeus in the temple at Jerusalem and sacrificed a sow on the altar in the second century B.C. But Jesus looked to yet future desecration of greater magnitude (Mark 13:14).
3. "Time of the end" (Dan. 12:4). The angel who spoke to the apostle John alluded to this verse when he said, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand"
Rev. 22:10). The angel implied that the time for the fulfillment of Daniel's predictions are at hand too.