Sunday, January 2, 2011

People and Places: Fill in the blank:
During his lifetime Absalom had taken a pillar and erected it in the King's Valley as a monument to himself, for he thought, 'I have no son to carry on the memory of my name."He named the pillar after himself, and it is called --------------to this day.
Absalom's Monument
(2 Sam.18: 18 )
Multiple Choice:

Of what group of people was the man who gave David the message of Absalom's death?

(a) Hittites; (b) Ammonites; or (c) Cushites.(c) Cushites (2 Sam. 18 : 32 ).

4 comments:

Amy DeTrempe said...

I did not remember this. Good question.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patsy and thanks for today's questions. We have bright blue skies and sun after yesterday's heavy rains. Enjoy your evening.

Donnie said...

You gave us a huge hint in # 1- Like who's buried in Grants Tomb? I blew it on the second one...lol..Have a blessed Sunday Patsy.

Lynda said...

Missed 'em both. I didn't remember ever reading about the pillar.