Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Poetry---Memory

1. Sentence completion: The Shulamite told the daughters of Jerusalem about her beloved. She said, "He brought me to the banqueting house,---

2. Fill in the blanks: Solomon extolled the chastity of his beloved. A
--------- enclosed Is my sister, my spouse, A------- shut up, A------- sealed."

3. In the Song of Solomon, the Shulamite described Solomon like this, "Yes
he is altogether ------. This is my beloved, And this is my -------."
1. "And his banner over me was love" (Song 2: 4 )
Because the Song of Solomon has been applied to the relationship of Christ and the church, the phrase about Love's banner is one of the most encouraging and beautiful for Christians.

2. Garden--- spring ---fountain (Song 4: 12 )
Solomon found his beloveds chastity an attractive feature. He was
not interested in a promiscuous woman.

3. Lovely--friend (Song 5: 16 )
Not only were they romantically related, but the Shulamite and Solomon had the respect and enjoyment of one another, which characterizes friends.

No comments: