Monday, December 21, 2015

Spiritual Preparation First

National Response

Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a 
watch against them day and night, because of them  (Neh.4:9).

When the Jews came back to the land, they did two things : first
of all, they restored the function of the priesthood, as indicated
in Zechariah (the spiritual emphasis); and second, as
 indicated 
in Nehemiah, they put an army together immediately (the 
nationalistic emphasis). That is why "nevertheless" is at the 
beginning of verse 9; for on the other side of "nevertheless" are
the two areas in which a nation must always maintain preparedness,
The first is spiritual preparation.and the second is military preparation'
Spiritual preparation must always come first.

"For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and 
plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Him."
Psalm 86:5

God, thank You for loving me for myself and dying that
I might live. Teach me to feel that kind of love for others
as well as myself.
In Christ name I pray

No comments: