Monday, December 14, 2015

Discipline

Isagogical Background

During the time of Nehemiah, some of the Jews of Judah
had just returned from the "fifth cycle of discipline" ( Lev.
26:1-30) of the Babylonian captivity. Because of a revolt 
against divine authority, the nation Israel had been split into
two entities. The Northern Kingdom (the ten tribes) called 
"Israel" or Ephraim," had its capital at Samaria, and the Southern
Kingdom (the tribes of Judah and Benjamin) called "Judah", had
its capital at Jerusalem. In 721 B.C. the Northern Kingdom, apostate
and degenerate, had gone into the fifth cycle of discipline under 
military conquest by Assyria to warn Judah of impending calamity
if she continued in the same idolatrous practices of her sister to the north.

"I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh."
Acts 2:17

Dear Lord, sweeten my attitudes. May my life breathe the fresh fragrance of Your Spirit.
In Christ name I pray

No comments: