Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Familiar Phrases

1. Fill in the blanks: Micah wrote, "But you,  -------- Ephrathah, Though you are ------- among the thousands of  ---------. Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be -------- in Israel."

2. Micah asked, "And what does the Lord require of you But to do  ---------- , To love -------, And to walk  -------- with your God?"

3. Micah said, "Therefore I will ------ to the Lord; I will -------- for the God of my salvation; My God will ----- me."



1. "Bethlehem..... little.....Judah.... ruler" ( Mic.5:2). The chief priests and scribes in Jerusalem referred  the wise men to this prophecy when they came asking, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews?" (Matt 2:1-6).
 
 
2. "Justly....mercy...humbly" (Mic. 6:8).
 
 
3. "Look....wait....hear"  (Mic. 7:7). This was Micah's conclusion after he realized that he could not trust any man to be righteous (vv. 3-6).
 
 


No comments: