Friday, January 22, 2016

Are You Growing

Church Age
Last in our review, and especially pertinent to our subject, is the
universal priesthood of the believer. In the Church Age, every
believer is a royal priest (1 Pet. 2:5,9) whose objective is to grow to 
maturity (Eph. 3:17-21; 4: 11-16; Heb. 6:17-20). As one of the
sacrifices or priestly functions of the royal priesthood (Heb.13),
giving is a privilege of believers only; unbelievers are excluded
because they are under condemnation from  God. While worship
is primarily the function of learning doctrine as taught by the pastor
teacher--it also includes praying, singing, observing the Lord's
Table, and giving among its authorized expressions.

" The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants: and none of them that trust
in Him shall be desolate."
Psalm 34:22

My Lord and my God! I claim You as the Source and Object of my life.
In Christ name I pray.

No comments: