Friday, February 19, 2016

Recorded For Us

Material Poverty
Although in material poverty, the Macedonians had such great
spiritual riches that God provided the means for them to give
sacrificially as an extension of their spiritual life. Now  the
Corinthians are hit with the same challenge. The prepositional
phase, "insomuch that "-- literally, "with the result that"-- is used
to make the transition from Macedonian giving to Corinthian giving.
Why is this prepositional phrase recorded for us? To remind us that 
as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ we have the same responsibility
to give; but that responsibility must include the concept that giving is
an extension of the spiritual life.

"In the day of my trouble I will call upon Thee: for thou wilt answer me." 
Psalm 86:7
Help me, Lord, to act with Your love in the seemingly impossible
situation of life.
In Christ name I pray

No comments: