Saturday, February 13, 2016

No Gimmicks

Macedonia Versus Corinth
They were not broke, but they had much to learn about giving.

With the result that we requested Titus that even as he had begun
on previous occasion, so also he would complete toward you this 
favor [grace] also (2 Cor. 8:6).

The Macedonian giving fulfilled every principle of grace, every
principle of the extension of Bible doctrine. It fulfilled every true
concept of giving. The word "favor" or "grace" indicates that giving
must always  be on the basis of grace, as in verse 4- without strings
or gimmick!

I am  studying from R.B.Thieme Jr book
"Giving Gimmick or Grace"

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:3

Keep me humble, dear Lord, when I am faced with undeserved problems.
Also keep me meek, so that the love of Christ will shine through me to others.
In Christ name I pray

No comments: