Monday, February 22, 2016

Love Giving--NOT-- Law Giving

A Test Of Love
I am not speaking according to the commandment, but through
the diligent application of others [the Macedonians], testing
the genuineness of your love (2 Cor.8:8).

The sixth principle of giving which Paul now emphasizes is
that giving is a test of the genuineness of your love of Jesus 
Christ, as well as your love of God the Father and of God the
Holy Spirit. In effect, Christian giving is love giving-- not
law giving. Christian giving proves the reality of your love
- the genuineness of grace motivation rather then the keeping
of the Mosaic Law.

"My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:19

Dear Father, I'm thankful that all my needs don't begin to exhaust Your resources.
In Christ name I pray

No comments: