Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Poverty

The Taking Of A Poverty Vow
Dressing only in somber clothes or the concept of "Suffering
for Jesus" are NOT  synonymous with being a good Christian!
Nowhere does the Bible teach that the believer who appears
attractive or possesses materialistic wealth is worldly. World-
liness is a mental attitude! I know such a statement comes as
a shock to believers, who reared in fundamental Christian
 homes,were taught that all the virtues of Christianity are related
 to poverty and self-denial. All their lives they have considered
material wealth nonspiritual and advocated that such possessions
should be given away.

Author R.B. Thieme Jr
(Follow The Colors)

What have I to dread,
What have I to fear
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace
With my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
(Chorus )  By Hoffmam

No comments: